The Coffin Bay Yacht Club facility has been recognised by the SA Country Fire Service as a Refuge of Last Resort in the case of bushfire.
The Committee is finalising a plan to manage the Club in an emergency situation. This page will be regularly updated.
Here are some general guidelines to follow, in the event of an emergency, prior to the plan being formalised.
- An Alert/Trigger to activate your own Bushfire Survival Plan and the CBYC Plan would be fire within 10 km radius of Coffin Bay.
- Anyone entering the CBYC seeking refuge will need to sign a register on entering and leaving. This is in case of external enquiry.
- Parents need to stay and be responsible for the care of their children. No crèche service will be available.
- People seeking refuge should bring their own water with them, enough to last 48 hours.
- Areas of Comfort: A children’s toy area will be provided. Pets (dogs, cats and birds) need to be on a leash or in cages. As space is limited, they may not be allowed inside. Carpeted area will be zoned for providing first aid and general comfort.
- Please wear sensible clothing for your own personal protection.
- Please be aware that parking is limited and trailers are not recommended.
- Please consider current Covid safe requirements.